Using Google Slides to Create an Infographic
Basic Infographic Design
- Open Google slides and create a new presentation. Once you have done so create a blank slide in the presentation.
- Click “File” and scroll down till you see “Page Setup” and select it. The “Page Setup” box should appear on your screen
- Next click on the box directly below the words page setup and select “custom.”
- Next click the box that reads “inches” and select “pixels” as your units.
- Once you have selected pixels as your desired units, you need to enter in your dimensions. They need to be entered as 700 x 2000
Note: This should make your slide longer that way you can add more media and information to your infographic.
Adding to the Infographic
- Set your zoom to 200% by clicking “View” and clicking “200%”
- Scroll to the top of the slide and begin designing your infographic.
Video Tips on Designing an Infographic
- Use shapes to have a background for your text inside the infographic.
Tip: Use images and other forms of media to make your infographic more appealing to the viewers eye.
- You can insert shapes and layer them over one another as shown.
- Use more than one text box when adding to the separated parts of your infographic.
Example a finished infographic:
Tyler Howell – Student
Tyler Howell (@thowellhelpdesk) is a senior at Ash Grove High School in southwest Missouri. He is currently involved with a plethora of extracurricular activities including: FBLA, FCCLA, Track & Field, and currently a captain of the football team. Tyler loves helping out students with the google apps. He enjoys using the google applications to assist him in his school work also.