The Stock Market game allows anyone to understand how the stock market works using virtual money and not real currency.
How To Sign Up:
- Go to howthemarketworks.com/
- Select create an account
- Fill out all info needed
What Stocks To Buy:
- Once account is created research stocks that best fit what you are interested in.
- Ex. Nike if interested in athletics
- Ex. Microsoft if interested in technology
- There are many different websites you can look at here are a few.
How To Navigate The Game:
- My Portfolio tab allows individuals to see your stocks, account balance, account transactions etc.
- Make A Trade tab allows persons to buy/sell stock and mutual funds etc.
- Contest tab allows individuals to manage contests between friends.
- Education Center tab allows individuals to learn about investing basics, economics, personal finance and etc.
- Trading Ideas tab gives persons information and different ideas on trading.
- Quotes tab tells about statistics of the stock market.
This game teaches students the fundamentals of how the stock market works. Note that these prices are actual prices of the stock market and any trades made after the stock market closes or before it opens will not go through until the market is open.
Kyle (@PrattMaster1) is a senior at Ash Grove High School and a student in the Assist Help Desk. He is on the Ash Grove track team and a member of FBLA. After High School he plans on going to college to become a nurse practitioner.